Understanding the Power of Fasting video
. . .
I have wanted to blog on Fasting and, again, the beginning of the New Year is a good time to post the topic. Not that fasting is only done at the beginning of a New Year. Far from it! Fasting can be done anytime and for various reasons/causes.
There is nothing I could post or share however that will surpass the above video by late Dr. Myles Munroe. Please watch and form your own conclusion.
. . .
What is Fasting?
According to Dr. Myles Munroe, Fasting is
- the willful abstinence from natural pleasures for a spiritual purpose;
- it is a personal commitment to renounce the natural to invoke the spiritual;
- it is the dedication to a period of time to devote oneself to spiritual priority of prayer without food.
Fasting is like a plunger. Food is a clog in a pipe – the more you eat, the smaller the hole in the pipe. Fasting unclogs the pipe.
Fasting puts your body where it ought to be; that is, under your spirit.
Effects of Fasting
- It changes you
- It does not move God
- It increases your spiritual capacity
- It breaks habits and spiritual bondage
- It quiets the heart to hear God’s voice/mind and calms your spirit
- It brings godly intimacy
- It speeds up healing.
- Esther 4:16
- Psalm 109:24-25,
- Jeremiah 18:7-11, 36:9,
- Daniel 9:2-3,
- Joel 2:12-13
Fasting is not dieting
*** Disclaimer ***
Please consult your physician before embarking on a fast.