- Crab (King or Snow) 2.5 lbs
- Fresh Shrimp (1.5 lbs)
- Lobster 1.5 lbs (optional)
- Andouille sausages (1 pack)
- Gumbo base (1 packet)
- Chicken broth (Optional)
- Maggi Prawns Cubes
If adding Lobster:
- Add lobster into saucepan, add water, teaspoon of salt and bring to boil.
- Once boiled, remove from hot water and set aside to cool down
- Once cooled down, de-shell, cut into bits, and set aside.
. . .
- Get a frying pan; slice the Andouille sausages into it and sauté. Set aside.
- De-shell and devein shrimps; set aside
- Rinse the crabs and set aside
. . .
- Get your pot (a big pot is preferred; 16-24 qt is better)
- Add 8 cus of water and 4 cups of chicken broth (if using); ratio of 2:1, into the pot. (If not using chicken broth, add more water (10 – 12 cups).)
- Add a spoonful of salt
- Add 2-4 prawns stock cubes
- Let boil for about five minutes
While boiling, get the gumbo base ready.
- Pour it in a small saucepan, add 2 cups of water, and gently stir till smooth.
. . .
- Add the seafood (lobster, crab, shrimps, and sausages) into the boiled water
- Add the gumbo base “sauce” unto pot; stirring occasionally
- Allow to boil together for about 5 – 8 minutes.
Gumbo is ready. Gumbo is an American Southern / Creole soup. Best alone or over cooked rice. (p.s. this was made for 2020 Christmas. I forgot to take the photograph of the finished product; only remembered when it was almost devoured hence the featured image of the served portion! 😊 😞)