I’m not asking about your credentials, or your name, who your parents are, or where you’re from.
Real sons and daughters of God know who they are by what God says about them and no circumstance can make them believe otherwise. For example, God says:
Here are a few of God’s promises and who He says you are:
- “Do not fear nor be dismayed” (Isaiah 41:10)
- “I am the righteousness of God” (Romans 3:22a)
- “I shall not want (Psalms 1:1b)
- “I will fear no evil” (Psalms 23:4b)
- “I will keep you in perfect peace” (Isaiah 26:3)
- “… if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” (John 8:36)
- “… make you the head and not the tail and be above and not beneath …” (Deuteronomy 28:13)
- “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:27-29)
Lies, Lies, Lies
Despite God’s Promises, are you one who still believes the lies thrown at you?
- Constantly living in fear and turmoil, both inwards and outwards, and/or
- Living way under and your circumstances seem to be contrary to His Word
- Could it be because your eyes are on other things than God?
- Or you’re still exhausted and wearied rather than approaching Him for answers?
- Or are you still entwined in your mind and soul; though a Christian, you are still dealing with your family’s curses (a big one and one for another blog!)?
. . .
The best way to learn more about your identity is by reading the Bible. Here’s a list of God’s Promises for starters; hopefully it will draw you nearer to wanting to know more and read what I term, The Most Precious Book; the Holy Bible.
Knowing what God says about you will empower you to scream back (I don’t mean that literarily) at those negative thoughts that bombard your mind and the lies that satan sends your way. Believe you me, satan sends those lies to everyone. He did with Lord Jesus; therefore you and I are not immuned from him. The difference is found in not embracing those lies but responding with the Word of God. It is written …
Satan loves those who don’t know who they are. He loves to come to you at your crossroads; e.g. on the eve of your 29th birthday, crossing over to your 30th birthday taunting you about having missed the road since you’re not married yet; or when you’re having problems in your marriage about what a knucklehead spouse you ended up with!
Satan, the Father of Lies
Satan uses various tactics against us all. Two of such are broken focus and emotional entanglements. He entices one to take one’s eyes off God because he needs you to follow him instead. Please don’t be deceived. Remember that satan (the devil) is also known as the liar, the deceiver, the serpent, etc. All his words are lies and half-truths. Just because you feel it, does not mean you should follow it. Instead, follow what God reveals to you.
This is merely a snippet of “He is a Liar” from Dr. Matthew Stevenson. Of course, I added a few of my words. Click here to watch Dr. Stevenson’s full video. p.s. gotta watch till the end to get an understanding of the full message. Enjoy.
. . .
I hope that you truly know who you are or are beginning to understand your identity afterwards.