- 1 whole Stewing chicken (or chicken parts from your grocery store)
- My Sauce
- Tomato Paste
- 1 large Onion
- Spices (Italian Seasoning, Thyme, Salt, Knorr Chicken cubes)
Boiling the Stewing Chicken
- Cut the chicken. (p.s. There’s an art to cutting this bird such that the parts are artistically distinguishable.)
- Put all parts in the cooking pot.
- Slice a quarter of the onion into the chicken
- Add a tablespoon of Italian seasoning, salt, and 2 cubes of Knorr Chicken Stock
- Add 3-4 cups of water
- Cover pot with lid
- Place on medium to high
- Boil for 20-30 minutes or till tender.
Making the Stew
- Pour 2-1/2 – 3 cups of My Sauce in a pot
- Slice a 1/4-1/8 onion
- Add spices (curry, thyme, white pepper, & paprika) as desired
- Add a cup of oil
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the raw smell of pepper (from My Sauce) is gone.
Your Chicken Stew is ready. Eat over Steamed or Jollof Rice and/or add over Egusi or Ewedu when eating the Solids (such as Fufu, Eba, Farina, Amala, etc.)