Scotch Eggs originated from England but has become one of the favorite snacks of British-colonized countries.
•. 1 12-oz Jimmy Dean Sausage
•. Bread Crumbs (Plain or Italian Style)
•. 8 – 10 Eggs
1. Boil the eggs for 15 minutes
2. Drain the hot water
3. Add cold water to eggs. This helps cool down the eggs and aids in smooth peeling of the shells
4. Set aside for couple of minutes
5. Return to peel the egg shells
. . .
6. Empty the Jimmy Dean Sausage (JDS) in a large bowl
7. Crack an egg and add to the JDS
8. Add 6 tablespoons of the Bread Crumbs into the mix 9. Using a spatula, mix up the ingredients
10. Crack another egg in a bowl and set aside
11. Scoop 2 tablespoons of the Bread Crumbs in a plate and set aside
12. Add the oil into a deep fryer (can use a medium-size pot as well). Turn deep fryer on to heat up (if using a pot, turn cooker on medium to heat up oil)
13. Take one boiled egg, scoop the JDS mix, flatten it on your palm, and wrap around covering the whole egg; dip into the raw egg, and sprinkle the bread crumbs all over it. Dab all over the egg; sprinkle a bit more bread crumbs. Set egg aside. Repeat till all eggs are done.
14. Begin deep frying the eggs till slightly brown to medium brown.
15. Remove from fryer and set aside to cool down. Can place a kitchen paper towel on plate to soak off excessive oil.
Scotch Egg is ready. Can be eaten hot, warm, or cold as a snack or breakfast on-the-go!