- 1/2 Yam (large; your choice of African or Tarot yam; potatoes could also be used)
- 1/2 My Sauce
- Tomato Paste
- 2 oz of Oil (your choice – Olive, Palm, Vegetable, Corn, etc.)
- 1/4 of a medium Onion
- Granulated Sugar (optional)
- Ground crayfish (optional)
- Pour the oil in a pot.
- Slice the onions into it.
- Pour a 1/3 of My Sauce into pot.
- Add a teaspoon of the Tomato Paste.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Optional: add a teaspoon of ground crayfish. Can also cook with chicken, beef, or shrimp.
- Slice the yam (about an inch wide). Then cut into four. Rinse and add into sauce.
- Add a cup of water
- Optional: add 1/2 teaspoon of granulated sugar.
- Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
Yam Porridge is ready for your enjoyment. Can be eaten anytime of day.
According to Cheri Bantilan, Yams have 11 health and nutritional benefits. Click here to find out what they are.