Curry is an Indian favorite that has now become one of my family’s as well. We love curry; Curry chicken, curry beef, curry spinach, and curry rice (with or without shrimp). We also add curry to spice up our sauces and other foods.
• 12 Chicken parts (thighs, wings, drumsticks, and breasts). Will recommend to use the chicken picnic or family packs that contain all four parts; else buy the packs individually.
• Oil (your choice)
• 1 medium Onion
• 2 Potatoes (Gold, Red, or Russet). • 6 oz Spinach (fresh or frozen – Optional)
• 6 Tablespoons of Curry (Madras or other kind)
• 2 Tablespoons of Cumin
• 2 Tablespoons of Turmeric (Substitute with Fresh Turmeric Root – peeled and sliced)
• Black Pepper (or slice 1/2 habanero for hot $ spicy)
• 1 Tablespoon of Italian seasoning
• Bay leave
• 1 tablespoon of Corn Starch
• 2 Chicken bouillon
1. Place chicken parts in cooking pot
2. Rinse once
3. Slice (or dice) onion and add to chicken
4. Add the Italian seasoning, 1 chicken bouillon, and 1 tablespoon of salt.
5. Add 4 cups of water and cover
6. Boil for 10 minutes or till tender, but not too tenderized. Be mindful not to over-boil as the chicken parts fall to pieces the longer it’s on the cooker.
7. Add the potatoes; peel and cut into 4-6 parts
8. Add the curry, cumin, turmeric, bay leaves, and the other chicken bouillon.
9. Add oil and stir
10. Simmer for 10 minutes
11. Mix 1 tablespoons of corn starch into a cup of water
12. Pour into curry sauce.
13. Stir; making sure there are no lumps
14. Simmer for another 5 minutes
15. Add the black pepper
16. Optional: add spinach
17. Let simmer fir a minute or two.
Chicken Curry is ready. Enjoy with Basmati rice or your preferred choice of rice for lunch or dinner 😍
Try this recipe, or any of the other posted recipes, and leave a comment. Thanks